2021-04-01 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Skills in Turning Enhancement Program (STEP)
Date: Thursday, September 16, 2021
Time: 08:30 am to 3:30 pm
Number of Attendees: Minimum 7, Maximum 12 (venue dependant)
Trainers: Robert Drinkwater and David Milton
Skill Level: This course is ideal for competent turners
Subject: Spindle turning for legs with skew chisel, off-centre angle hole drilling for legs on the lathe, faceplate tuning for seat.
- spindle turning for legs with skew chisel
- off-centre angle hole drilling for legs on the lathe
- face plate tuning for seat
- Wipe on Poly application
Participants should be able to complete at least one the components of the stool. 2nd & 3rd legs, assembly gluing etc may need to be finished at home.
What to Bring:
- Tea, coffee will be available. Please BYO lunch as you probably won’t have time to purchase lunch at a shop.
- Seat – 1 of 220 x 220 X 60 or 260 x 260 x 60mm (depending on size of seat required)
- Legs – 3 of 310 x 50mm
- Bowl gauge 10dia or 13dia preferably.
- Spindle gouge 10dia.
- Skew – 19 – 25mm preferable.
- Parting tool.
- Roughing gouge
- Scraper, small round nosed.
- Centres –headstock and tailstock.
- Chuck 100dia.
- Some method of reverse chucking seat for finishing base, Cole Jaws or Jam chuck, hot melt glue etc
- Drill Chuck, 19 -20mm Forstner bit, Forstner bit extension.
- Range of sandpaper 120 – 400.
- Thin Stainless wire for burnishing (like used in fishing tracers)
- Click on the link to access the Registration Application Form.
- Click on the link for a pdf copy of this page
- Successful applicants will be notified by email along with EFT payment details
- Additional courses may be available as required