Starts in 3 Days, 16 Hours
2022-06-02 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Wandi Community Centre, 302 De Haer Road, Wandi, 6167
Skills in Turning Enhancement Program (STEP) – Box Making
Date: Thursday, 2nd June 2022
Time: 08:30 am to 3:30 pm
Number of Attendees: Minimum 7, Maximum 12 (venue dependant)
Trainers: Denis Tapley and Ian Moss
Skill Level: Advanced Box Making.
Advanced Box Making. This course is for people who are confident turners and have mastered the basics, such as maintaining bevel contact, turning thin-walled items, etc. If you think our box projects will take you to the next level of woodturning, then this course is for you.
Subject: Design aspects to enhance the aesthetics of the finished item.
Participants will choose a box design and, if desired, make enhancing design modifications. Several ideas for embellishment will be considered.
What to Bring:
- Participants are to supply their own timber. Please bring several blanks from which a choice can be made and please ensure the timber has no cracks or holes. The boxes will be a moderate size so your blanks will need to be 150mm to 200mm in diameter by 50mm to 100mm deep. You could also bring smaller pieces for the lid, either matching or contrasting timber colour. If you choose to make a square box then a square piece would be good but can be made from round then cut later.
- Tools: Please bring a selection of general turning chisels, bowl gouges, spindle gouges, roughing gouge, parting tools, skews, face mask etc.
- Tea, coffee will be available. Please BYO lunch as you won’t have time to purchase lunch at a shop.
- Click on the link to access the Registration Application Form.
- Click on the link for a pdf copy of this page
- Successful applicants will be notified by email along with EFT payment details
- Additional courses may be available as required